We believe that modesty is important! Here are our favorite modesty quotes and Bible verses about modesty in dress:
1. Dressing modestly is my way of telling the world I don’t play by your rules – I play by God’s rules. – Unknown
2. It was the Almighty who decreed that men and women must cover their nakedness by wearing proper and modest clothing. Mark E. Peterson
3. She was beautiful, but not like those girls in the magazines. She was beautiful, for the way she thought. She was beautiful for the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved. she was beautiful, for her ability to make people smile, even if she was sad. No, she wasn’t beautiful for something as temporary as her looks. She was beautiful, deep down to her soul. F Scott Fitzgerald
Related Content: The Top 14 Christian Mom Blogs You Should Be Reading
4. Dressing modestly isn’t looking outdated, it’s respecting yourself…and looking killer at the same time! Clothed In Glory
5. Raise your hands & touch your toes. If anything shows, go change your clothes. Unknown
6. A woman’s most prized possession isn’t her hair or beauty, it is her modesty.
7. The less you reveal, the more people can wonder. Emma Watson
8. Modesty is more than just a hemline, it is an interior disposition that influences not only our dress, but our thoughts and actions. Leah Darrow
9. Modesty and fashion can totally go hand in hand.
10. A lifestyle of modesty does not take a break during the summer.
11. Modesty isn’t about covering up our bodies because their bad, modesty isn’t about hiding ourselves… it’s about revealing our dignity. Jessica Rey
12. Modesty is an act of love, is a heart issue, is leading where I want to go in life, glorifies God rather than self, is a guard to virtue, is a sign post for what I believe, is freeing, is obedience to God. Narelle Worboys
13. Modesty is not really about clothing guys, or your body. It’s about Jesus, and we need to be glorifying Him in everything we do – including how we dress. Emily Susanne
14. Women, modesty means you have beauty and power. And you use that to teach men how to love you for the right reasons. Jason Evert
15. Dress how you want to be addressed.
16. When a girl covers herself up, you reveal more of yourself to us because you reveal to us there’s more to you girls than just your bodies. Jason Evert
17. When a women veils her body in modesty she is not hiding herself from men; She is revealing her dignity to them!
18. Modesty is a virtue that shows love to others and brings glory to God through appropriate dress. Tim Challies
19. If a women can go to the beach and wear nothing, then why can’t she also wear everything. Malala Yousafzai
20. Women, modesty means you have beauty and power, and you use that to teach men how to love you for the right reasons. Jason Evert
21. Thanks to Colleen Hammond, we have this quote from Pope Pius XII:
“The trend of fashions is not in itself evil. It flows spontaneously from the social nature of man, in accordance with an impulse which inclines him to keep in harmony with his fellow men, and with the way of acting of those amongst whom he lives. God does not ask you to live outside your times, so careless of the exigencies of fashion as to render yourselves ridiculous, by dressing in a way opposed to the common tastes and practices of your
In following fashion, virtue lies in the middle course. What God asks of you is to remember always that fashion is not, and cannot be, the ultimate rule of conduct for you, that beyond fashion and its demands, there are higher and more pressing laws, principles superior to fashion, and unchangeable, which under no circumstances can be sacrificed to the whim of pleasure or fancy, and before which must bow the fleeting omnipotence of the idol of fashion.”
22. Classy is when a women has everything to flaunt, but chooses not to show it. Hugo Chavez
23. Modesty? Yeah I do believe in it…because, I won’t throw away my standards to meet the world’s.
24. The way we dress affects the way we think, the way we feel, the way we act, & the way others react to us. Judith Rasband
25. Dress how you want other women to dress around your husband. Kim Doebler
26. If the savior stood beside us, would we feel comfortable in the clothing we wear or would we want to hide? Carol F. McConkie
27. Ladies, being modest not only shows your obedience to God, but it also shows men to love you for the right reasons.
28. Make it a goal that when a guy looks at you, he will notice the light of Christ in your eyes, and the radiance of your smile, rather than being distorted by the outline of your body.
29. Be modest in your dress, actions, and character.
30. Nothing is cute enough to compensate for how modesty feels.
31. Modesty is always beautiful.
32. Modesty isn’t about hiding your body, it’s about revealing your dignity.
33. You can dress attractively without being immodest. Within the Lord’s guidelines, there is room for you to be lively, vibrant, and beautiful in both you dress and in your actions. – Thomas S. Monson
34. Your dresses should be tight enough to show you’re a women and loose enough to show you’re a lady. – Edith Head
35. If more girls would start respecting themselves guys would have no choice but to respect girls. You can’t act like a rock and expect to be treated like a diamond. – Holly Summerall
36. A woman who focuses on worshipping God will consider carefully how she is dressed because her heart will dictate her wardrobe and appearance. – John MacArthur
37. Modesty isn’t how you hide your beauty, it’s how you handle it. – The Full Time Girl
38. Shout out to all the beautiful women who don’t need to dress half naked to get a man’s attention…stay classy!
39. The less you reveal the more people can wonder. – Emma Watson
40. Adornment, what a science! Beauty, what a weapon! Modesty, what elegance! – Coco Chanel
41. Modesty must be worn inside out. – Reagan Ramm
42. Ladies, let’s dress to impress God, not men.
43. It’s easy to show skin. It takes bravery to show humility, vulnerability, compassion, heart, kindness, and self-respect. – Mandy Hale
44. Dressing modestly doesn’t mean I lack confidence, it means I’m so confident I don’t need to reveal my body to the world because I’d rather reveal my mind.
45. Modesty is required of both men and women. – Ms. Elturk
46. Dressing modestly is about knowing your self-worth and acknowledging that you don’t need to give anything to the world. – Blaze Ann
47. It’s a man’s job to respect a woman, but it is a woman’s job to give him something to respect.
48. Modesty is more than a fashion statement, it’s a daily decision to dress like the child of God you are.
49. Everything precious is covered! A woman modestly dressed is like a pearl in its shell.
50. Modesty is the highest elegance – Coco Chanel
Bible Verses About Modesty
You might be wondering, “what does the Bible say about modesty?” Here are 10 references to modesty in the Bible:
1. “Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.” Genesis 3:21
2. “The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.” Deuteronomy 22:5
3. “As a jewel of gold in a swine’s snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.” Proverbs 11:22
4. “Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.” Proverbs 31:25
5. “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.” Proverbs 31:30
6. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.” 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
7. “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:20
8. “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31
9. “In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.” 1 Timothy 2:9-10
10. “That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.” Titus 2:4-5
Which modest quote or scripture is your favorite? Are there any that you would like to add? Please let me know below in the comments.